วันเสาร์ที่ 31 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554







Monocle : Best Magazine In the World (so far)
Like most people,  I don’t have a chance to travel the world as much as I wanted too. 
Juggling to balance work, family and personal life, sometime we lost touch to the world without even knowing it. 
That, my friend, can sometimes be dangerous in this creative economy world. That is, of course, if you considered  falling behind lethal. 
To keep up with the world in this hectic life of Bangkokian, I read Monocle. 
Monocle to me is not just a magazine, it’s more like a journal of creative minds. It walked me to the current affairs of the planet in a way other magazines can’t. Well, to be more precise, Monocle gives you  news, trends and updates in a stylish way. 
This success comes from a vision of Tyler Brûlé, founder and editor in chief of Monocle magazine. He also a founder of Wallpaper Magazine which is one of my favorite magazine as well. (however, even I subscribed to both magazines, I do like Monocle much better than Wallpaper)
Even with a lot of nice picture in this magazine, I still think that the amount of text in it can easily equal to a thick novel. 
Every time I read this magazine I realized two things. First, I  amaze to see many extraordinary creativities/initiatives from around the globe from it’s a Japanese way of designing a modern temple to how Copenhagen kick up culinary standard another notch. Second, unlike other magazines, Monocle only have one edition : the global edition thus it reminds me of how much Thailand still left behind and what a tragic on the way we cultivated on our recourses and culture. I can feel that other Thai people who read this magazine probably have a similar feeling to me. Frankly, it reminds me that in the global scale we nearly existed. It’s time for Thai people to start changing their country not just for the sake of themselves but for the sake of generations to come. 
The content of the magazine also encourage me to imagine more. In some way I have the same feelings as when I read cartoon during my childhood. It’s not only entertaining but also igniting the creative process. 
If you only have time to read one magazine a month, read this. You won’t regret it. (on another issue, Monocle only published 10 magazines a year) 
This is not a book thus I’m not gonna rate it but on a category of magazine, it’s definitely a ten. 
Cheers
Tab

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น